Lucas is 2 Months {and} Did We Just Buy a House??

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

You know what's weird? Besides that creepy toaster strudel commercial . Time.
Time is weird. It's all like "wait, wait, wait, w....a.....i.......t" and then boom. it's over.
weird.

Lucas just thinks I'm weird.



This little man is 2 months old now. And sleepy. Very sleepy.


He's my favorite little creature in all the land.
How can he be two months already - says every parent ever - but really. how?

The boy met his great-grandparents (my grandparents) recently who are arguably the sweetest people on the planet. Nay, the universe.



My grandma was a total pro. She has some kind of mystical baby ju-ju. He was sound asleep within seconds of being transferred to her arms. every stinkin' time.
teach me your ways Grands. teach me your ways.



My grandpa sang him old songs and hymns which of course made me cry. I mean what kind of ridiculous preciousness is that?!  Lucas loved his great-grandpa's voice. They just stared at each other while I melted into a puddle on the floor.





I mean get outta here with all that generational cuteness. 






The dogs had a good weekend too.


We also just put a contract on a house!!!
Yea we did. 
I still can't believe how quickly it all happened. We went and looked at 6 houses one weekend. Took a week off. Looked at 5 more the following weekend and BAM! 

Here's a sneak peak: 

I'll have to save more pics until after we close...which should be the end of this month. Ahhh!!!

I have no idea how a move is gonna go with a baby. I hate moving anyway. There's always so much stress and disorganization despite how hard I try to stay organized. I'm usually pretty grumpy. And I like to spend most of the first night in the new place waxing nostalgic about the old place. David is one lucky guy.  
But this move, well, there's only room for one baby and he's got kankles. So I've really gotta stiffen the sinews and get ready cuz I have a feeling that moving with a baby brings on a whole new level of stress. Which reminds me...I need to call grandparents for reinforcements. We're gonna need backup.  

We had the inspection yesterday and it went well. The only major concern we have should be taken care of soon...Lord willing the seller's are nice people. please be nice people

Despite all the pains of moving, I can't wait to get settled. I've already started a secret board with ideas but we've decided to hold off on any projects until we've lived in the house a few months. I have zero patience so this will be excruciating. Fortunately, I'm sure that the 4 testosterone-filled creatures I live with will keep me busy. 

Speaking of which, I hear one of them crying right now. 


4 comments:

  1. He. Is. So. Cute. I can't even handle it! And congrats on the new house! I'm sure it will be crazy moving with a little one, but it will be so worth it once it's all done! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new house! And the continued growth of your ridiculously cute kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it, mama! Congratulations! And is David crying again? Dads these days. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh I can't even STAND all those pictures of your floppy little two-month-old. I'm seriously jonesing a sweet floppy baby of late. ENJOY IT. On my behalf. Please. Also, congrats on the house!!! Hope it all goes smoothly!
    Kelly @ View Along the Way

    ReplyDelete

Write away. I love hearing from you.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground